Friends Forever offers a steady and challenging career path. We have tremendous opportunities for those self-starting people who are looking for a challenge and ready to make a difference in the lives of our members. If you like a self-rewarding work environment where you can go home knowing you made a difference in someone's life, consider Friends Forever Social Education Center.
To find out more contact us at:
Friends Forever Social Education Center 500 Fairmeadow Drive
Webster City, IA 50595 Call:515-832-9550 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIENDS FOREVER SOCIAL EDUCATION CENTER
Drop-In Center Assistant
Scope: Actively contribute as peer support to a community based, member driven drop-in center that offers recovery focused support, advocacy, leisure and enrichment activities to persons living with mental illness and disabilities who desire to engage fully in community life. Drop-in staff members provide and coordinate a range of activities aimed at engaging and motivating members living independently. The drop-in staff will also serve as early identifiers of risk or instability in members and be able to intervene and encourage members to self-refer; or take actions to refer members to more formal clinical services.
A) Program Operations
1. Engage drop in members in actively using the center to increase level of community integration.
2. Assist peer support supervisor to plan and implement drop-in center activities.
3. Responsible for facility set-up and maintenance.
4. Facilitate leisure group activities
5. Promote opportunities for clients to build natural systems of support within their communities through
exposure to recreational, spiritual, educational, vocational, volunteer and civic activities.
6. Regularly consult with other center team members, to address specific member issues and coordinate
7. Work cooperatively with other center/staff to maintain smooth transitions and effective continuity of
8. Participate in team and other agency meetings and trainings as directed by supervisor.
9. Interpret and communicate, at the service delivery level, Center policies and procedures.
B) Program Activities
Promote positive image of peers.
Exhibit high quality work.
Be a productive member of the staff.
Take the initiative to act on own.
Use excellent judgment.
Communicate clearly and respectfully.
Make use of supervision
Contribute to development of a culture of care.
Ability to effectively engage and motivate members to participate in activities offered at Drop In.
Act honestly and ethically in all members interactions.
Ability to effectively work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and encourage building of natural community support.
C) Program Knowledge
Show awareness of issues affecting adults with chronic mental illness.
Skill in the use of motivational interviewing and engaging clients in self-directed care.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of community resources that enhance recovery.
Requires significant personal experience with the mental health system as a primary consumer of services.
II. Education, Experience and Other requirements:
Basic computer proficiency, knowledge of Word and Internet skills.
III. Chain of Authority:
Reports to the Friends Forever Social Education Center Manager.
Must be prepared to work a flexible schedule in response to the needs of the target population served, including evening and/or weekend hours.
V. Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. for no more than 20 feet.
Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting, bending, and kneeling.
Ability to walk for long periods of time.
Ability to travel in a car, van and or bus.
Ability to assist members physically as needed (walking, member falls, etc)
Ability to help members up using a 2 person lift technique
Ability to use equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc)
Ability to endure long periods of typing/writing.
Application needs to be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on August 31, 2018
Residential House Support Staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty satisfactory and demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with the other employees and departments. Their requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Post-Offer Employment Physical Required
Background Check Required
Expectations for all employees:
Support the agency’s mission, vision, ethics policy, and values by exhibiting excellence, collaboration, innovation, and respect for others, dependability, commitment to our member’s needs, community, accountability, and ownership.
SCL Coordinator and/or Residential House Supervisor
Designated by Residential House Supervisor. Must have the flexibility to adjust the schedule occasionally in order to accommodate others schedules.
Shifts available are:
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Weekends & Holidays Only)
3:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. (Daily)
10:30 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. (Daily)
The primary responsibility of the support staff is to provide support, assistance, and supervision to members per his/her goals and desires. Ensure safety of housemates. Will advocate for all members.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure outcomes for HCBS programming are present
- Comply with Friends Forever Social Education Center Policies and Procedures
- Comply with Hamilton County Policies and Procedures
- Understand and practice HCBS rules and programs
- Understand and practice CARF regulations
- Will follow emergency plans as indicated
- Be responsible for safety and welfare of members in their homes.
- Assist and train members in self-help skills as indicated in their ICP/COP.
- Member preference will be the basis for recreational and leisure activities which will include personal shopping and socialization
- Provide transportation as needed for members or requested by members when on duty.
- Must provide own transportation to work.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Administer, supervise and monitor member medication
- Advocate for members and their families
- Attend staffing’s when requested.
- Follow direction of supervisor in training the members
- Daily documentation - goals, daily notes, forms from appointments, tornado, fire and other safety drills.
- Document in a computerized documentation program
- Be a team player
Education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or GED. Must have personal qualities which will provide skills involving cooperative working relationships, leadership abilities, organizational, communication, motivation, planning, and accountability.
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Child Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse training (within the first 90 days of hire date)
- Medication Manager Certification
- Good driving record
- Current vehicle insurance
Person should have the ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos/emails. Ability to effectively give verbal instructions in one-on-one and/or small group situations to members. Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and written.
Resume and/or application need to be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on July 13, 2018
How to Apply:
Download and complete this employment form. Then mail, fax, or email to:
Friends Forever Social Education Center c/o Center Manager
500 Fairmeadow Drive
Webster City, IA 50595 Call:515-832-9550 Fax: 515-832-9554