Friends Forever offers a steady and challenging career path. We have tremendous opportunities for those self-starting people who are looking for a challenge and ready to make a difference in the lives of our members. If you like a self-rewarding work environment where you can go home knowing you made a difference in someone's life, consider Friends Forever Social Education Center.
To find out more contact us at:
Friends Forever Social Education Center 500 Fairmeadow Drive
Webster City, IA 50595 Call:515-832-9550 Email: email@example.com
Residential House Support Staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty satisfactory and demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with the other employees and departments. Their requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Post-Offer Employment Physical Required
Background Check Required
Expectations for all employees:
Support the agency’s mission, vision, ethics policy, and values by exhibiting excellence, collaboration, innovation, and respect for others, dependability, commitment to our member’s needs, community, accountability, and ownership.
SCL Coordinator and/or Residential House Supervisor
Designated by Residential House Supervisor. Must have the flexibility to adjust the schedule occasionally in order to accommodate others schedules.
Shifts available are:
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Weekends & Holidays Only)
3:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. (Daily)
10:30 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. (Daily)
The primary responsibility of the support staff is to provide support, assistance, and supervision to members per his/her goals and desires. Ensure safety of housemates. Will advocate for all members.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure outcomes for HCBS programming are present
- Comply with Friends Forever Social Education Center Policies and Procedures
- Comply with Hamilton County Policies and Procedures
- Understand and practice HCBS rules and programs
- Understand and practice CARF regulations
- Will follow emergency plans as indicated
- Be responsible for safety and welfare of members in their homes.
- Assist and train members in self-help skills as indicated in their ICP/COP.
- Member preference will be the basis for recreational and leisure activities which will include personal shopping and socialization
- Provide transportation as needed for members or requested by members when on duty.
- Must provide own transportation to work.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Administer, supervise and monitor member medication
- Advocate for members and their families
- Attend staffing’s when requested.
- Follow direction of supervisor in training the members
- Daily documentation - goals, daily notes, forms from appointments, tornado, fire and other safety drills.
- Document in a computerized documentation program
- Be a team player
Education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or GED. Must have personal qualities which will provide skills involving cooperative working relationships, leadership abilities, organizational, communication, motivation, planning, and accountability.
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Child Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse training (within the first 90 days of hire date)
- Medication Manager Certification
- Good driving record
- Current vehicle insurance
Person should have the ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos/emails. Ability to effectively give verbal instructions in one-on-one and/or small group situations to members. Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and written.
How to Apply:
Download and complete this employment form. Then mail, fax, or email to:
Friends Forever Social Education Center c/o Center Manager
500 Fairmeadow Drive
Webster City, IA 50595 Call:515-832-9550 Fax: 515-832-9554